Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My Kid's Life: As A Wizard

He'll be born. Being a muggle myself (thanks Mom and Dad...), my son will inherit his wizarding prowess from his magical mother. This kid is going to be a boss. He'll be raised well enough, and when he's young I'll be studying my ass off to learn about the magical world. Of course my wife'll be magical and being an adult, will be able to use magic at will to do stuff around the house. I kindof imagine it being somewhat similar to the scene in the Sword in the Stone, where all the dishes clean themselves. A mix between that and Matilda. Sweet.

Knowing that he's to be a wizard he'll be brought up knowing that he'll be attending school. Having moved to The United Kingdom (as they obviously have the best school system) he will be shipped off to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, as this is as close to a public school of witchcraft and wizardry that there is. He'll get a bitchin' wand from Ollivanders, which of course is going to be really BA. Probably one made of Alder...maybe Dragon heartstring core. We'll see. After a quick stop at the Leaky Cauldron for some grub, we'll buy him some robes, get him an owl, and buy him some books at Flourish and Blotts. Pretty normal stuff.

Then after wishing this kid a good semester at Hogwarts from Platform 9 3/4 (he'll come back over winter holidays) he'll be off into the wizarding world. He'll excel at wizarding, cause let's face it; this kid is going to be the man. Need I even say what house he'll be in? (Hint: Rhymes with Schmyffindor.) Everyone knows how good Hermione Granger was back in the day. Well my kid's gonna be just as good (but might not use the Time-Turner). Snape can make a spell? My kids gonna make two. And they're gonna be awesome ones. And guess what. QUIDDITCH BABY. He's gonna be a wiz (no pun intended) when it comes to brooms. Now I'm not gonna say that he'll make the team during his first year, but boy, after puberty hits, he'll be an ace Chaser. He'll be scoring left and right, and soon enough people are gonna be like "Who needs a Snitch!" and then after he passes his O.W.L.S. and his N.E.W.T.S. he'll dabble in pro Quidditch, maybe win the World Cup for the Americans, depends on if the timing is right.

After that he'll travel the world. Doing wizarding things, finding wizard stuff, just establishing his name you know? People'll eventually start being like, "Oh hey have you heard of all the good work that _____ has been doing?" or "I hear some guy named _____ has been cleaning up those dark wizards!" or "Boy that _____ sure has made some intriguing discoveries about wizarding history." Seriously this kid is gonna be hounded by the Daily Prophet, because he's going to be the next big thing since Harry Potter. Yeah. I said it. From there my kid is gonna settle down, maybe be an Auror or some other sweet wizarding job. He'll be rather humble, even though at this point he'll have acquired quite the mountain of treasure from all his prior adventures. He'll settle down, and from there the Redding line will become one of those famous lines, similar to the Black and Peverell families.

Sure enough, somewhere down the line Dark Sorcerers shall try and tip the balance between good and evil, and I have no doubt in my mind that my lineage will be there to halt their sordid trespass into the light. Till next time, Nox!

P.S. I thoroughly apologize for any alienation that could have occurred during this post. Please tune in next time for something more macho and manly.

No comments:

Post a Comment