Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Now Leaving: Disneyland

(I wrote this this morning. Just never got a chance to put it up. Enjoy!)

I’m going to keep this one nice and short as to conserve batter power for E3 later. (tee-hee! I’m so excited! Hahah) Disneyland was fan-fricken-tastic. As I mentioned last time my Dad and I used RideMax to give us a head start on everybody, and I’ll tell you how it worked. Or how it kindof worked.

As it didn’t account for us going to both Disneyland and California Adventure, we scheduled Disneyland from 8-10, California Adventure from 10-3, and then Disneyland again from 3-11. We followed the RideMax as much as we could, and we were on schedule for about the first half of the first leg of our trip. But we finished half an hour early, which was good because it gave us time to poke around before California Adventure opened, and to get Splash Mountain in there. (It was a splashing good time! :D) So then we popped over to California Adventure, followed the RideMax there for the first few, before we noticed it was having us head over to the other side of the park to get FastPass tickets. Just being my Dad and I, this is where we bucked the system. We just worked our way across the park, attraction by attraction, doing what we wanted, and only referring to the RideMax in order to remember what rides we said we wanted to do the night before. By the time we got back to Disney, we’d done way more than expected. We had about 7 hours to waste, and only 5 or 6 rides to do. I’m not complaining though, because it was good to have a lot of time to choose what to do.

All in all, RideMax was helpful at the beginning of our day, and the tips that it gave us on certain attractions, like the Haunted Mansion, where when you enter a certain room at the beginning you should look for where the secret door is in the wall, so after the presentation, you’re right there and can just bolt to the front of the line. Oh and taking the single riders line for the Toy Story Mania ride at California Adventure. That got my Dad and I into the ride in under 10 minutes when the line length was 40 minutes. Clutch.

It’s not all RideMax’s fault that we got so far ahead of it though. Yesterday was an overcast day, at about 62 degrees, so a lot of the people who’d have gotten out of bed and gotten to the park nice and early with the sun happened to stay in bed. My Dad and I didn’t even wait in line for more than 10 minutes till about… 4PM? Yeah. That’s when the sun came out.

Overall, I’d say give it a shot. It’s 15 bucks for a 90 day subscription to RideMax, which unfortunately is the lowest you can get it for. But that being said if you go on a day where it actually will be crowded, it’s probably gonna cut your wait time in half. And when a slice of pizza and a medium orange Fanta costs $9.50, spending that extra $5.50 so you could get out in time for a cheap dinner outside the park might just be worth it. And it’s got a money back guarantee so if you decide it’s not to your liking just refund it.

So much for the short post right? Catch you tonight with my Day 1 E3 Wrap-Up. Follow my tweets for all my in show updates! Catch you later brohas!

No comments:

Post a Comment