Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's like a new age Tron.

So. It's 12:40 Eastern, 9:40 Pacific time. I've slept two out of the last 40 hours. I've ran errands, packed, visited friends, gone to Dave Matthews Band, gone to Wendy's, seen my friends fall out of their chairs for no reason, watched the 2nd airing of the Lakers Nuggets game, showered, shaved, flown to Cleveland, flown to LA, gotten lunch at a Country Club, helped fix a computer, checked into a hotel, gone to the beach, left cause it was too cold, gone to an outdoor mall, visited most of the shops, ate at The Islands, played a free iPhone game, and gone to see Pixar's Up in 3D. That's the highlights. Think I did enough?

Anyway, I could tell you how awesome Up was (really awesome), or describe the scenes of California, but instead let me tell you of an awesome happening.

As stated prior, my Dad, his friend Evan and I got food at The Islands restaurant. It's pretty awesome. The burgers are delicious. Anywho, Dad and I got there early and after sitting at the bar, and finishing my Roy Rodgers, he and I start talking about how he doesn't have nearly enough games on his iPhone. He says, "Jim, you go ahead and pick out any game for free and download it." I took this challenge. Opening up the App Store, and heading to Top 25 Free Games, a small app caught my eye. "Urinal Test." The perfect game to waste 5 minutes with.

After convincing my Dad it was a sound investment of his zero dollars and no cents, we downloaded it and began to play. Play consisted of the game showing you a set of 7 urinals, and then you selecting which urinal would be the most appropriate to take. Scintillating stuff; I know. After figuring out the formula, a 25/25 was soon mine. Evan soon arrived, and being scholarly gentlemen, my Dad and I quickly showed him this new game. Dinner came and went and then we left to go wait in the very long line for Up. This is when things got weird. Feeling that familiar urge, I quickly pardoned myself to the Little Captain's Room. Entering this winding corridor of sinks, I soon stumbled up a set of urinals. Yeah. Here's how the set up was.

Empty | Guy | Empty | Empty | Guy | Little Empty

A wave of déjà vu washed over me. Which would be the most proper urinal to take? A moral dilemma ensued. The rules of the game came back to me. Take the left most Empty stall. Taking the little stall; out of the question. And taking either of the two middle stalls not only put me next to someone already there, but also would force someone else into awkwardly forcing himself into the fray. By taking the left most stall, I would be able to take the small hit of standing next to someone, but protected my left flank entirely, allowing me to focus on defending my right flank. An excellent tactic, yes? After returning to Dad and Evan, they agreed that I was most just in making this decision. The cosmos had aligned to test my knowledge of the Urinal Test. I had passed with flying colors.

So after a laundry list of activities, and enough time spent in a collared shirt and loafers to last me till my next graduation, as well as not one but THREE blog posts, I'm going to bed. Or rather, I'm going to go lapse into a coma. Good evening to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment