Saturday, May 30, 2009

So Much To Say

Ok, if you don't like Dave Matthews, just stop reading here.

Now that that's over, Dave Matthews Band, Live at Fenway Park, May 29th 2009: Amazing. You can look up the Set List here. (It's a little screwy so you might have to come back later.) I've listened to a lot of Dave's Live albums, and I have my favorite versions of my favorite songs, but I have to say. Hearing live, and seeing live? Two completely different things. The energy of the crowd at Fenway, bundled with my sheer excitement of seeing DMB live, made this concert into one of the, if not the, best concerts I've ever been to.

I suppose it doesn't mean much if you don't know what else I've seen so here's the quick list:
  • Weezer
  • Coldplay
  • Gym Class Heroes
  • White Stripes
  • Rodrigo y Gabriella
  • The Eagles
  • Vampire Weekend
  • All Time Low/Girl Talk/Lupe Fiasco
All great concerts in my opinion, but Dave... Dave was something else. Witnessing the infamous Dave Matthews improv right in front of my eyes was a trip. Thinking to myself, "That's not the line that comes next...wait thats something completely new, different, and Awesome!" Really just one of those things you have to experience for yourself. The atmosphere was incredible. Fenway, illuminated by the stage lights, was a sight to behold. The smoke being pumped out from the stage (and by probably half of the fans) made the lights shine in mid-air, which was a sweet effect. Though I would have like to be closer to the stage, I can't complain too much. A few of his new songs, and the neverending jam on Dreaming Tree, I could have done without. But the jams for Ants Marching, Everyday, and All Along the Watchtower? And all the other songs in general? I'd go again in a heartbeat. Worth the 92 dollar price tag? I wanna say yes. But here's for lobbying for cheaper tickets next go round. My only complaints are that I didn't hear every song I wanted to hear, and.... well I guess that's my only complaint. I would have like to heard Say Goodbye, Two Step, Dancing Nancies, and a lot of other songs, but I guess that's why he does two nights at Fenway.

My recommendation: Go. See. Dave.

Next up: Jim vs. The Airport!

1 comment:

  1. omggggg you've seen All Time Low and Coldplay?! I am so jealous

    ReplyDelete